Thursday, July 12, 2007

All The President's Names...

We were talking about the flags being at half-staff today. We made a big deal about it a few months back when President Ford died. It was a great opportunity to learn. Anyway, they are down again for Lady Byrd Johnson's death. So, I was refreshing the kids' memories on it. So, I asked them if they remembered who our President is. Thomas said, "King George!" I laughed at how funny it sounded and told him it was a great answer but that in our country we have presidents not kings.

So later Mary Frances said something about King Bush. I said, "King Bush?" And she said, "You know--- that Bush man!" We had a nice laugh in the car.

It is the funny things that I want to record and remember one day when my children are older. I shall not forget King George and the Bush man!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

By the title, I thought you were going to say that Thomas named all the Presidents! I guess I need to brush up on my Presidents and States before Thomas can name them all! :)

Alex Shores said...

Wow!! I wish I knew that much!!

Alex