Thursday, July 05, 2007

Music to my Ears

When I was a teenager, I babysat all the time. One particular family was very precious to me. They had a little girl and identical twin boys who were about 2 years younger than her. I spent a lot of time with them. But one of the most precious memories I have is singing them to sleep at night. I put on a little concert for them once they were in their beds. The boys slept in one room and Ginny slept in the other, but they were right next to each other. So, I would move back and forth from one door to the next. I have always loved singing, and it was so fun for me to do that with them and have them enjoy it so much. I have seen them several times in the last few years, and that is one of the main things they remember about me! "If They Could See Me Now" was their main request - yes, the Broadway song!!!

Anyhow, I always saw myself singing to my own children. And I have sung some, but it just hasn't been the same until this week. They have been requesting that I sing to them, and it has been so sweet to me. Thomas' main request is Amazing Grace. Mary Frances loves The Rocking Chair, which has been a very special song for her and me since she was born. Chase just enjoys listening. But I love singing to them. I guess I just enjoy sharing my gift with them and seeing them appreciate it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacqueline! Sounds like you are busy but enjoying "city life." Hope you'll soon be in your new house...with at least two spatulas! I've had to do the same thing through the years. All is well here. The Island is full of people enjoying vacation. Praying for you. XXOO Mary Lou