Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Alone No More...

I went out to eat with some other moms last night. We had a great time. There were 3 other moms all with three small kids! It was so nice to talk to other women that understand me and listen to their stories. I couldn't believe I was sitting there listening to them say the same hilarious things that happen to me. They have the same concerns and problems that I deal with. I am so grateful to be here and have the opportunity to go out and be with other moms! Even simpler than that, I just happy to know there are other moms. I really thought I was extremely unique in having 3 kids so close together, but I'm normal here! Thank you God!!

Ray C. is enjoying the church and we are looking forward to getting started on the new campus. Today, we are going to hang out in our new neighborhood for a 4th of July celebration. We were invited by some of our new neighbors who are members of Foundry. We are really looking forward to it. Ray C. was given 4 tickets to the Astros game last night and invited 3 other guys to go with him to get to know some new people. He has also been offered tickets for tonight and tomorrow. He is in Heaven!!

The kids are so happy here. They love playing and making new friends. They love going to church and the gym. Everything is an adventure. I will be glad, however, when we get in our house with our things so cooking won't be quite so much of an adventure. Cooking with one pan, one pot, and one spatula is possible, but it's nice to have a different pot for each food!! :) I've learned to get by on MUCH less than we have. We are perfectly content without bedroom and living room furniture. Our things are convenient, but I've learned that we don't NEED them!

God is Good all the TIME!!!!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You having to cook with just one pot and one spatula makes me think of your sweet friends in Guatemala. :) Aren't we fortunate? We just don't even know. Tell RC I want to go to an Astros game when I come!! Love you all!