Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Hughes Zoo

We had a couple from church over for dinner last night, and our house was a ZOO!!!! They are newlyweds without children. So, they just witnessed the zoo, in shock, I am sure! I was really embarrassed, but the kids were just having fun. They love company, but I have got to teach them not to attack people when they walk in the door. They grabbed their hands and took them to show off their rooms. Then, they had to show them all their tricks and special toys. Thomas even played the theme from McDonald's on the piano - (bum, bum, bum, bum, bum....I'm lovin' it!) That's for those of you who couldn't have finished the blog without figuring out the song! Anyway, they just couldn't stop talking! Now where do you think that came from?

Dinner was another story. Of course, I didn't get to sit down much. They spilled milk and wanted more. Didn't like one thing..... You moms know what I'm talking about. Finally, they finished and went to play upstairs and I got to enjoy my meal and a little bit of the conversation.

The kicker for me was while we were playing Scrabble - a very quiet game. Mary Frances was watching and then needed to potty. So, she ran to the little bathroom by the den and went without closing the door. Excuse me for saying this, but she tooted really loudly while she was pottying - one of those that echoes in the toilet. So, we all started laughing hysterically, as I am now, but tried to cover up our laughter as she ran back in the room. When she came back in, she was hugging all over our guest, and I was laughing so much I couldn't talk. I finally calmed myself down enough to say, "Mary Frances, you need to go back and wash your hands." I was really embarrassed at this point after she had already touched all over Katherine! And I'm sure Katherine was a little grossed out too, but I tried to calm her by saying, "Don't worry, she didn't wipe, either!" The room exploded in laughter. It was a really good laugh.

Thank you God for children! The zoo just wouldn't be the same without them!

No comments: