Friday, August 10, 2007

Terrible Twos...

I am SICK of the terrible twos!! I've been dealing with them for 3 years straight now, and I am tired. I tried so hard not to call them the "terrible" twos. For a while, they were the "so-called 'terrible twos'", but when Mary Frances hit the funk, they were TERRIBLE!! OH MY GOSH!!

I really didn't notice Thomas went through it until it was over. I remember thinking one day that he was not acting like his sweet self, but it wasn't until he came back to it that I realized, "Oh, that was the terrible twos! That wasn't so terrible!" Then, a week later, no lie, my parents brought Mary Frances back from a week at their house, and I swear they took every sweet bone out of her body while she was gone! She was a nightmare - especially at bedtime! That lasted for a year and a half. It was horrible. I cried so much during that time thinking I was a horrible mother and I had no business doing this mothering thing!

Finally she emerged about 2 months ago, and she is a really sweet child but still with a strong will! I got a week or two of peace, and THEN the monster emerged in Chase! He is running through the house roaring as I type. He is really a great kid too, but he wants everything his way. My writing today was inspired by Chase's tantrum over juice, He wanted juice, and I gave him orange juice! How dare I make such a horrible mistake! Confused? Yeah, welcome to the terrible twos. Luckily, Chase is not as strong-willed as Mary Frances. So, I think I can make it through without the emotional trauma this time!

Thankfully God is good and his grace is sufficient for me! But darn Eve for eating that apple and making this so difficult!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We didn't hit the terrible twos until Ryan was about 2 1/2 so now we have moved into what Joann calls the "trying threes". And Ryan is very strong willed so I'm right there with you. Which sometimes it helps to know that someone else is having the same struggles too. I'll pray that yours ends soon. Good luck and God Bless.

Jessica said...

Aunt Jessie to the rescue!
(Can you tell I'm excited?! I comment all the time.)