Tuesday, August 26, 2008

God Bless Makenson

As if letting go of one child wasn't hard enough this week, now I have to say goodbye to Makenson. You may remember me telling you about Makenson a few months ago. He is the Compassion International child we have supported for about 6-7 years now.

Compassion called today to tell me that Makenson has completed the program and has stated that he is now old enough to live on his own. He is staying in the same area and is interested in working in mechanics.

They are sending me a final letter from him, and I can also send a final gift and letter, but then I will not be able to contact him anymore! I am so proud of him and grateful that we have had the opportunity to support him for so long, but it breaks my heart to think I will never know anything else about him. May God Bless him and keep him safe.

Our family will be getting on Compassion's website to select a new child to sponsor. I am looking forward to blessing another child in this way. If you have ever considered doing this, I promise you Compassion is a wonderful program!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

When I think of my Compassion child, I always first think "Makenson." Anyway, I will miss him too. That is sad that you won't be able to communicate. :(

Jessica said...

How do you like my new layout?