Saturday, August 09, 2008

Moving...

Thankfully, I am not moving, but some good friends of ours from our Life Group at church are moving to our neighborhood this weekend. It has been a great pleasure for everyone in our life group to join our friends in the work of the weekend.

Last night we kept their 5 and 6 year old boys for several hours so work could be done. Although, I was gone most of the time, I did get to make dinner for them. I cannot believe how grateful and complimentary they were of the dinner I made - chicken, rice, and corn! It made me feel so good when I placed the food on the table, and Kaleb very excitedly said,"This looks so good!" When I asked him if he would come over every night he said, "Yes, I really would like to!"

The kids had a blast, but the boys were exhausted by 9:00 and went back to the new house around the corner. This morning I went over to the old house as the guys were packing up the last of the things, and I cleaned!

I couldn't help but think of the 5 times we have moved in the last 10 years. In all those years, I don't think I've ever been the one to do the cleaning. My job is usually at the new house telling everyone where things go and unpacking boxes! Even worse, I don't even know who has done the cleaning for me all those times.

So, for all those who have helped me during my moves in any capacity, THANK YOU!! What an incredible job to do out of love for someone else. Especially cleaning someone else's bathroom - that's true love!! And it really was my pleasure to do it today!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Reminds me of Ray C. and Mary Lou cleaning toliets on the island! That really is love!