Thursday, August 28, 2008

New Shoes

I am embarrassed to say that I have bought at least 17 new pairs of shoes in the last month!! I know its crazy, but I have been buying shoes for 4 people, and while they are on sale, I've been buying sizes for next summer too!

Anyway, 4 of them I bought today (with 2 more converse shoes to get this weekend while they're BOGO). I was eating lunch with some girls at the church, and my flip flop BROKE!! If you've ever had a flip flop break, you know that it is not possible to continue to walk in it. My problem was that, not only did I have to leave the church without shoes, I also had to go to the doctor's office for an appointment with no time to go back home for new shoes.

So, I found a Payless close-by. I looked all across the Target parking lot before darting (as quickly and discreetly as I could) into the store. I was pretty embarassed, and I'm really hoping no one from the church saw me - especially someone that I don't know but knows exactly who I am. I'm always thinking about that scenario - you know - "I saw the preacher's wife running through the Target shopping center barefoot. spspspspspspsp" Hopefully no one is doing that. I don't really care. I'm just wondering.

So, I show up in Payless looking like a pretty easy sell and I get suckered into some ballet shoes, some Dora shoes, some cheap jewelry that will look cute until it breaks, and something else I don't recall but I know I bought it b/c it was buy one get one 1/2 off. So, I know I didn't leave without taking advantage of that sale...

Anyhow, I have more shoes!! They are fun!

...Okay, it was driving me crazy. So, I had to run to my room to see what else I bought - It was another pair of white "keds" for little girl since I know the ones I bought her yesterday will be dirty in a month or two. The new pair was only $3! Couldn't resist!

Off to pick up Thomas from the bus...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

toisNo pictures of the 17 pairs of shoes? I think you should line them up. Daddy just got two new pair of stylish shoes--flip flops and some dress shoes too. I wish I was coming with them!

Jessica said...

Here is Rachael Burnett's blog. Check it out! She is a photographer in Dallas and travels to Houston some for work!!

http://www.rachaelleighphotography.blogspot.com/